During this month’s Tenant Talk Live webinar, attendees participated in a fireside chat with members of NLIHC’s Tenant Leader Cohort, who discussed their recent trip to the White House for a discussion about tenant protections and housing affordability. The fireside chat was moderated by NLIHC resident board member Zella Knight, a resident activist from California. The panelists shared about their experiences at the White House, their priorities for federal advocacy, and what tenants should be advocating for at the national level.
Please note that our next webinar will be held on January 9, 2023. You can register for the session here. More information on this webinar is coming soon. We look forward to seeing you all in the new year!
As always, if you have a topic you would like to propose or want to be a speaker in an upcoming webinar, please e-mail Sid Betancourt at [email protected].
Webinar Resources and Information
- View a recording of Monday’s Tenant Talk Live webinar here
- Access the webinar’s chat history here
- Access the webinar’s transcript history here
- View a letter sent by NLIHC’s Tenant Leader Cohort to the White House and federal agency officials
Policy and NLIHC Updates
- View NLIHC’s Take Action page
- Check out our “On the Home Front” blog article submission guidelines
- Join the Tenant Talk Facebook Group
Links Shared by Webinar Participants
- Park Plaza Cooperative Introduction: https://youtu.be/vOhEhdLbqYc
Activist, Resident United Network (RUN)
Panelists’ Contact Information:
NLIHC Resident Board Member
Dr. Bambie Hayes-Brown,
President and Chief Executive Officer of Georgia Advancing Communities Together, Inc. (Georgia ACT)
President of Everyone for Accessible Community Housing Rolls! Inc.