The ability to serve low income people in need depends on federal appropriations. NLIHC monitors the federal budget process and advocates for the highest possible allocation of resources at HUD and the USDA Rural Housing Service to support affordable housing and community development.
NLIHC leads the Campaign for Housing and Community Development Funding to ensure robust resources to address America's housing crisis. Learn more here.
Budget Analysis for Fiscal Year 2020
- Advocates Secure Increased Funding in Final FY20 Spending Bill
- Senate FY20 Housing Spending Bill Includes Modest Increases
- House FY20 Housing Spending Bill Provides Robust Funding
- HUD/USDA BUDGET CHART (updated 12/16/19)
The following documents are provided with this article.
- Factsheet: Impacts of Government Shutdown on Affordable Housing Programs
- Factsheet: Expired or Expiring HUD Project-Based Rental Assistance Contracts (Dec. 2018 - Feb. 2019) (By State)
For more information on Budget and Appropriations, contact Sonya Acosta, Policy Analyst, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.548.7969.
Memo to Members and Partners Articles
November 18, 2019
October 7, 2019
September 23, 2019