The ability to serve low income people in need depends on federal appropriations. NLIHC monitors the federal budget process and advocates for the highest possible allocation of resources at HUD and the USDA Rural Housing Service to support affordable housing and community development.
NLIHC leads the Campaign for Housing and Community Development Funding to ensure robust resources to address America's housing crisis. Learn more here.
Budget Analysis (updated 9/19/19)
- Senate Releases FY2020 Housing Spending Bill with Modest Increases
- House Releases Robust FY2020 Housing Spending Bill
The following documents are provided with this article.
- Factsheet: Impacts of Government Shutdown on Affordable Housing Programs
- Factsheet: Expired or Expiring HUD Project-Based Rental Assistance Contracts (Dec. 2018 - Feb. 2019) (By State)
- HUD/USDA BUDGET CHART (updated 9/19/19)
For more information on Budget and Appropriations, contact Sonya Acosta, Policy Analyst, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.548.7969.
Memo to Members and Partners Articles
September 20, 2019
August 12, 2019
July 29, 2019